Sunday, June 21, 2009
Day 2-St. Matthews house
I apologize for the late post, I could not get to a computer yesterday (Saturday). Yesterday started off with Adam and I not knowing the local time, waking up an hour early and sitting at breakfast confused for an hour until Pastor Chad came and laughed at us. Once we all were straightened out the 5 of us departed for Neema orphanage which includes the St. Matthews house. We had tea then went over to spend time with the younger kids which were about 1 to 2. Every one of us grew attached to one kid by the end after picking up on each kids developing personality. We fitted all of them with the perfect hat made and donated from the Charity Knitters! Thank you Charity Knitters!! Then we walked down the hill to the school that they are working on and got a tour of it, learning of the big dreams that they are accomplishing there. It really shows how far every penny goes. Next we visited the sisters at Ushirika Wa Neema Deaconess Centre for a tour and some lunch. The food there is always so amazing because they make everything themselves and all are incredible at cooking. The entire place is self sufficent with solar panels, gardens, and energy from animal waste! I am amazed by everything the sisters do there from the operation they have there to them reaching out even beyond that with helping other and recruiting youth into the church. After a tiring day we headed back to the hostel then met up again and went to EL RANCHO!!!!! Which is a mexican name but only serves italian, indian, and greek food and offers mini golf made of concrete and includes frequent full restaurant power outages!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a full day! We saw Anna off to Virginia this AM after church. Looks like your Mom is going to be lonely with out you teenagers in the house. Love the posts! Keep healthy and safe!
ReplyDeletenice post Chip, Mommy and I were laughing that you guys got up so early! Also I bet the Chatty Country Quilters are proud that their caps are such a hit! EL RANCHO, how we long to go back to EL RANCHO! Good job!
ReplyDeletePost some pics!
Yay, for El Rancho!! And great posts, Chip!
ReplyDeleteHere I was worried about you getting up on time and Pastor Chad being upset that you're late - instead you're up too early! Whew. Great post and keep 'em coming since we feel connected that way. Check your emails too -
ReplyDelete