6/27:
We left Moshi for the long haul to Tanga, which is on the coast of the Indian Ocean. We drove for hours on good road until we had to take the back roads, which any one who has been knows how bad they are. Driving through the small villages we passed kids that were playing with dirt and sticks and plastic bags. So we got out three soccer balls and inflated them and gave one out each time we stopped and made sure that they understood to share it. Finally we got to the coast and arrived at the little resort very close to the beach to relax before we go to Lushoto up in the mountains on the 29th. We swam in the time we had and the water is incredibly warm! We hung around after dinner with some kids that we had met and talked and played cards for hours. It is fun to talk and relate to such various people and learn about different cultures from our own generation. There were 9 of us in total: a 26 year old girl from the south island of New Zealand, two 22 year old guys from California, a 19 year old girl from Missouri, a 21 year old guy with a 22 year old girl from Manchester, England, a 20 year old girl from northeast England, and Adam and I from PA. One more day until Lushoto and I am starting to get nervous but I know I will be fine because I am doing a good thing and it is in God's hands.
-Chip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Bud I really enjoy reading your post. I woke up this morning thinking about you, and how proud I am of you. You are more courageous than me!
ReplyDeleteYou are "Walking the Walk" Great job! Keep a positive attitude, and a good thought and it will all work out. We can't wait to see you again. I am a mess writing this and Mommy is laughing. Mommy said people were asking about you at church this morning.
Michael Jackson died. We went to the Phillies stadium yesterday for a cancer walk and were selling Just Tryin...to Walk the Walk shirts. I'll get you a big jug of Victory Lager when you get back.
So much for the news from here. Love you Bud.
The soccer balls are a good thing. Mutzi is very happy about that. How are the Reebok hats from Uncle Frank going over? Please...please make sure you have minutes in your phone before Pastor Chad and Kakasii leave you in Loshuto. I would feel so much better if you could call Kakasii if you need him. My best to the St. Matt crew..
ReplyDeleteHi Chip, I think about you all day every day. Please know that so many people are praising God in your name for the work you are doing now and will be doing over the next several days. Yes, the King of Pop died. Radio stations are playing "nothing but" for the past few days, which is kinda cool. JZ is off to Vegas again playing in some poker tournaments. Mia had a great softball tournament last weekend. Rog & his girlfriend, Mike, Nikki and the kids' dad were all here to watch her play. It was a fun few days for us. Your mom and dad came over Sunday night. I think they were a little lonesome with both you and Anna being gone. Their presence added to the festivities. On Sat a bunch of us went to Victory for lunch. Believe it or not, none of us had ever been there before! What a cool place and the food was delish. I know none of this has anything to do with Africa, but I thought you'd like to hear some "normal" news from home. I know the Lord is looking out for you and that you will be mightily blessed next week. Greetings from home. Looking forward to your safe return.
ReplyDeleteYou will be fine because you are doing a good thing and it is in God's hands. Please read the emails I sent you...
ReplyDelete