Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 16

7/5:

It is my last full day here and it is pretty overcast. Some how I have managed to keep my emotions together and have kept myself from crying too bad for the kids here. I walked down to town in the morning for the internet but of course it was closed. I went next door and got something to drink and sat down at a table outside. I watched as buses and taxis rolled in and witnessed all of the local sellers storming up to the windows trying to make a sale. I really do not know how to tell you the things that they sell since it is the most random junk that you can imagine. From camping flash lights to cheap knives (kee-so) to leather phone cases to nail polish to dolce and gabbana hats.
-Chip

1 comment:

  1. I can just see you sitting down there by yourself in that busy little downtown Lushoto in the mountains. Most people who read this don't realize how far away you were there from anything we are used to here at home. I have enjoyed your last few posts even though I know you are already safely back home. I think you made the most out of your time there and did a great job. Chad

    ReplyDelete